Uncommonly it has twin parallel naves, thought to mirror the way that it was both a ward church and part of a Benedictine religious shelter established by 'William, child of William the Goldsmith'. A screen was raised between the two territories to keep the parishioners and up to 90 nuns isolated, however it didn't work and in 1385 the nuns were reproved for dressing conspicuously in garish shroud and for kissing their kindred admirers. Indeed, even the prioress was reprimanded, for keeping an excessive number of mutts.
The congregation is once in a while called the Westminster Abbey of the London, being second just to that one with regards to the quantity of dedications and momentous brasses it contains. These incorporate a window recording William Shakespeare's residency in the ward, the tomb of Sir Thomas Gresham (organizer of the Royal Exchange and all the more other than), and a dedication to the well off dealer Sir John Crosby who was covered here in 1475.
His home, Crosby Hall which stood adjacent, was obviously considerable, with its own private church, visitor lodgings, a banqueting corridor, debating chamber, a pastry kitchen, a distillery, stables and broad patio nurseries. Today it is the sole survivor of the numerous such excellent London houses which thronged the London around then, and all things considered has been portrayed by English Heritage as 'London's most essential surviving mainstream residential medieval building.'
At one time possessed by Sir Thomas More, Crosby Hall likewise served as a makeshift home for both Sir Walter Raleigh and the future Richard III. At different times it was the head office of the Honorable East India Company, a Presbyterian Meeting House, an eatery, a business store, and for more than a fourth of a century the Crosby Hall Literary and Scientific Insitution.